by Sam Chaney | WeaponizedNews.Com | March 24, 2015
G.I. Jim Long explains what you need in your bug out backpack in order to be prepared and survive.
- Comfortable back pack preferably in earth tone colors.
- Sleeping bag. It should be rated to 20 degrees. A Gortex bivy sack will keep it dry
- Fire starting materials. Matches in a water-proof container, flint and steel, fire tinder, etc.
- First Aid kit. Make sure to include prescription meds.
- Poncho or gortex parka. (or both).
- Water Filter or purification tablets.
- Small cook kit w/ silverware and small stove. (Alcohol, trioxine bars etc.)
- 48 hours of food. MRE’s are good, but life expectancy is effected by heat. If b.o. bag is to sit in a vehicle for extended periods use dehydrated food.
- Personal hygiene items. Toothbrush/paste, razor, soap, deodorant, feminine hygiene, etc.
- Several pair of good quality warm socks and underwear.
- Boots (especially if your job requires shoes, these can be separate , but should accompany the B.O. bag.
- Good quality sheath knife and folder.
- A light source.
- Compass and maps of the areas you normally travel in. Major highways will be the LAST PLACE you will want to try to travel in a disaster situation.
- If your firearm travels with you, what you feel would be a sufficient amount of ammo.
- Trash compacter bags and zip lock bags. (Any food you acquire, a burrito from the AM PM, you won’t want next to your dirty socks!!)
- Good tough pants and shirt. BDU’S are a good example. If you are normally in a city environment, solid color earth tone clothing draws less attention and makes you look less military. These can be carried separately with your boots.
- Paracord or rope.
- Fishing line and hooks/sinkers.
This basic bag may be added to or subtracted from depending on person’s needs/ distance to their destination. If a person is bugging out for extended period a second larger pack or items may be added with tent, stove , fishing gear, etc. Lots of extras may be substituted, this is just an over view.
Broadcasting at 6-8 PM Saturday Nights on 1680 AM Conservative Talk — Fresno, CA
Broadcasting on Access TV in Fresno, CA
Fresno CMAC Public Channels:
Comcast Channel — 93
AT&T Channel — 99
6:00 — 7:00 pm 7 days a week
Follow & Subscribe to WeaponizedNews.Com
TAKE ACTION JOIN WE ARE CHANGE FRESNO here: